Search This Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Book Review: A Hopeless Romantic

A Hopeless Romantic
Harriet Evans

Genre:
Chick Lit, Romance
Publication: 2007
Rating: 3/5

Laura Foster is a hopeless romantic. Her friends know it, her parents know it - even Laura acknowledges she lives either with her head in the clouds or buried in a romance novel. It's proved harmless enough, even if it hasn't delivered her a real-life dashing hero yet. But when her latest relationship ends in a disaster that costs her friendships, her job, and nearly her sanity, Laura swears off men and hopeless romantic fantasies for good.

With her life in tatters around her, Laura agrees to go on vacation with her parents. After a few days of visiting craft shops and touring the stately homes of England, Laura is ready to tear her hair out. And then, while visiting grand Chartley Hall, she crosses paths with Nick, the sexy, rugged estate manager. She finds she shares more than a sense of humor with him - in fact, she starts to think she could fall for him. But is Nick all he seems? Or has Laura got it wrong again? Will she open her heart only to have it broken again?

I have a love-hate relationship with the Laura. At didn’t like her at first. But when I started to like her, she  do something that makes me dislike her again. And there were times when I thought of her as an idiot. I think it’s okay to have your head in the clouds. But when you jeopardize your life, career and anything else for the sake of a guy, I think that it’s really stupid.

However, I still enjoy the book. There are a few moments that made me smile, and a few jokes that made me laugh. Overall, A Hopeless Romantic is a light and fun read.

3 comments:

  1. The cover is cute! (And I think I've commented about it before...) Seems like an imperfect character to me but I'm curious as to how the story ended. Will probably get the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I bought the book for the cover XD That, and I got 50% discount :) You should read the book if you want to read something light and easy.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...