Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Book Review: Curses! A F**ked-Up Fairy Tale


Curses! A F**ked-Up Fairy Tale
J.A Kazimer

Paperback: 320 pages
Genre: Humor, Mystery, Fairy Tale, Fantasy
Publication: March 2012
Rating: 4/5


I'm no hero. In fact, up until a couple of days ago, I was the villain. Kidnapped maidens, scared kids, stole magic tchotchkes--until I got into a little scrape with the union. Now I'm cursed with the worst fate in New Never City--no matter what I do, I gotta be nice.

So when a head-case princess named Asia barges into my apartment and asks me to find out who whacked her stepsister, Cinderella, I have no choice but to help her. And I'm more than willing to head back to her parents' castle and do some investigating if it means I can get into her black leather cat suit. Except this twisted sister has a family nutty enough to send the Biggest Baddest Wolf running for the hills--and a freaky little curse of her own...

I actually bought this book because I was attracted to the title and synopsis. The instant I read the title, ‘Curses! A F**ked-Up Fairy Tale’ I knew that it’s not going to be an ordinary fairy tale.

RJ, the hero or villain, had no choice but to help princess Asia to find out who killed her stepsister, Cinderella (or Cindi), because he was cursed to be nice to people (and suffered from it). That and he wanted to see the princess naked. As he went over to Asia’s castle and starting to ask around for his investigation, more murder occurred! Will he ever find out what’s going on? You just have to read this book to find out about it.

This book is a fairytale laced with mystery, romance and lots of humor. It was demented and absolutely hilarious (lots of laugh out loud moment)! How could I ever resist such book? I have to say that I certainly did not regret from reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...