Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Book Review: The Opal Deception

The Opal Deception (Artemis Fowl #4)
Eoin Colfer

Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Science Fiction
Publication: April 2007
Format: Paperback, 368 pages
Website: Artemis Fowl

I read this book (with two others) while I was away for my brother’s wedding, and I was really bored. I was really glad that I bought this book with me.

The Opal Deception is the continuation of The Eternity Code. In the last book, Artemis had his memories wiped up from the underground fairies world. And now, Artemis is back to his criminal activities. Although, he was torn between go straight or stay in the criminal world (since his father is clean of any criminal activities). In the same time, something happened in the fairies world. Opal Koboi escaped from prison, and was looking for revenge. And now, Captain Holly Short is framed for a crime she did not commit. Now Holly had to go up to the surface to save Artemis before Opal could kill him.

I love this book! I was really looking forward to read this book after The Eternity Code. I couldn’t help but wonder what will happen to Artemis as he had his mind wiped up of any memories of the fairies. I wonder how Artemis will remember the fairies.  And I’m glad that I continued to read the saga. The Opal Deception is full of surprise! Eoin Colfer did a good job portraying the emotions of character. I really like how Eoin Colfer made Holly dealt with a character’s death. (Oh yes, there’s a character’s death in the book). But most of all, I really like the chemistry between Artemis and Holly, although Artemis lost his memory of Holly. 

The Opal Deception is full of surprise, excitement and good humor! I certainly enjoy the book, and went straight to grab the continuation of the saga – The Lost Colony.

Book Cover's Description

Evil pixie, Opal Koboi, is back and she's more dangerous than ever. This time she doesn't just want power over the fairy People - this time she wants the humans too. Captain Holly Short is the only fairy with a hope of stopping her, but as Holly knows, it takes one genius criminal mastermind to fight another. But the 14-year-old genius that Holly is thinking of doesn't even remember that fairies exist. How is she going to convince Artemis Fowl to help her stop Opal? Gold usually does the trick, and this time is should be no different. Or is Artemis changing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...