Search This Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Book Review: Clarity


Clarity (Clarity #1)
Kim Harrington

Genre: Young Adult, Mystery, Paranormal
Publication: 2011
Format: Paperback, 256 pages

Clarity “Clare” Fern was born with a gift. She could see vision when she touched a certain object. Because of that, most of her classmate called her freak. When a girl was found murdered, Clare’s ex-boyfriend, Justin, came to ask her help to solve the case. Now, Clare had to team up with Gabriel, the hot, detective’s son to find out about the murder. Just as she got a few clues here and there, more murder occurred! Things went worse when Clare’s brother, Perry become a suspect. Clare is now determined to find out who the murder is. In the same time, she must figure out what she feels for the boys: Justin and Gabriel.

I can’t believe I stayed up all night to finish CLARITY. Yes, it was really good and I just couldn’t stop reading it once I had it in my hand. 

I love the main character, Clare. It’s difficult not to love her. She had a fiery personality and I love how she always fights back when anyone bullied her. I like how each of her family members had different gift. Her brother for example, could talk to ghost, and her mother could read minds. I really like it when Clare’s mother read Clare’s thought just as she was thinking of the hot detective’s son.

Kim Harrington did a great job writing how the story went and how the suspense is built. The mystery was really well planned. The story was unpredictable to the point that I think everybody is a suspect. I had a great time guessing who the murder is, but only managed to figure out as I was closer to the end. The combination of mystery and psychic is definitely great! I like how the mystery and romance was well balanced. Although there was a hint of love triangle between Clare, Justin and Gabriel, I love how the romance didn’t overshadow the mystery. 

CLARITY is definitely one of my favorite mystery novels right now. It was definitely a page turner! Although, I suspect that I think it has to do with how Kim Harrington likes to end the chapters with cliffhangers. But still, CLARITY is a great mystery book. A must read for mystery lover as myself. I’m looking forward to read the next book: Perception.

Book Cover’s Description
Don't close your eyes. Except when the truth is too dark to bear.

Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift.

And a curse.

When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case -- but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother -- who has supernatural gifts of his own -- becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...