Search This Blog

Sunday, May 29, 2016

#BookReview Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Throne of Glass 
(Throne of Glass #1)
by Sarah J. Maas

Genre: Fantasy, Magic, Mystery, Romance, Young Adult
Publication: August 2nd, 2012 by Bloomsbury
Format: ebooks
Source: Own
Connect: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
Meet Celaena Sardothien.
Beautiful. Deadly. Destined for greatness.


In the dark, filthy salt mines of Endovier, an eighteen-year-old girl is serving a life sentence. She is a trained assassin, the best of her kind, but she made a fatal mistake: she got caught.

Young Captain Westfall offers her a deal: her freedom in return for one huge sacrifice. Celaena must represent the prince in a to-the-death tournament—fighting the most gifted thieves and assassins in the land. Live or die, Celaena will be free. Win or lose, she is about to discover her true destiny. But will her assassin’s heart be melted?

I decided to start the Throne of Glass series after Sarah J. Maas won in Goodreads Choice Award last year. Frankly, I don't think I'm the only one who think that Throne of Glass is somewhat similar to Maria V. Snyder's Poison Study. The beginning of Throne of Glass reminded me of Snyder's book. But that doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy this book. I did. So much that I purchased the second book right after I finished this.

The author did a really great job creating wonderful characters in Throne of Glass. Calaena had a strong personality. She's a trained assassin. She's smart. I loved her right from the beginning. She's clever, a survivor and she loves books! She may be a badass, but she got her sensitive side too. There are times when I thought that she was a bit childish. I liked the friendship between Calaena and Princess Nehemia and the chemistry between Calaena and the two other characters, Chaol, and Prince Dorian. And those two men are definitely swoon-worthy. 

I really enjoyed the book. The characters development was great. The plot was amazing. It was packed with action. I enjoyed reading the tournament part and I absolutely love the bit of mystery surrounding the castle. There are bits of romance building in the story. A possible love triangle. But I was quite disappointed with how the possible romance died before it even started.

Overall, Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas is a wonderful read. I thoroughly enjoy this one and am looking forward to reading the next book! If you're a fan of fantasy with a kick-ass heroine, you should definitely read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...