Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

#BookReview Summer Days and Summer Nights: Twelve Love Stories by Stephanie Perkins, Leigh Bardugo, Jon Skovron , Jennifer E. Smith, Francesca Lia Block, Libba Bray, Cassandra Clare, Brandy Colbert, Tim Federle, Lev Grossman, Nina LaCour, Veronica Roth

Summer Days and Summer Nights: Twelve Love Stories
by Stephanie Perkins, Leigh Bardugo, Jon Skovron , Jennifer E. Smith, Francesca Lia Block, Libba Bray, Cassandra Clare, Brandy Colbert, Tim Federle, Lev Grossman, Nina LaCour, Veronica Roth

Genre: Romance, Young Adult, Contemporary, Fantasy
Publication: May 17th, 2016
Format: ebooks
Source: NetGalley, St. Martin's Press
Maybe it's the long, lazy days, or maybe it's the heat making everyone a little bit crazy. Whatever the reason, summer is the perfect time for love to bloom.

Summer Days & Summer Nights: Twelve Love Stories, written by twelve bestselling young adult writers and edited by the international bestselling Stephanie Perkins, will have you dreaming of sunset strolls by the lake. So set out your beach chair and grab your sunglasses. You have twelve reasons this summer to soak up the sun and fall in love.
The thing I like about an anthology is that I get to experience a lot of stories. And there are twelve love stories by twelve awesome young adult writers in Summer Days and Summer Nights, Each story has their own adventure and romance, all happen during summer. But not all stories have a happy ending.

There are stories for everyone: fantasy, sci-fi, horror. Each story is entertaining in their own way. What I really like about this anthology is the diversity of characters and romances. The pairings are interesting. There are also LGBT pairing in the book. 

The thing I didn't like about an anthology is that there are some stories that I really like, stories that I thought was okay, and stories that I didn't understand at all. And each time I finished a story, I have to put down the book to let the story sit in for a while before I pick it up again.

My favorite stories are:
Head, Scales, Tongue, Tale by Leigh Bardugo 
A really good start. There are something magical about this story and I love that bits of twist at the ending.

Brand New Attraction by Cassandra Clare
I love the setting! It was set up in a dark carnival powered by demon magic. Kind of reminds me to The Night Circus. This story has a really good plot and development.

A Thousand Ways This Could All Go Wrong by Jennifer E. Smith
I absolutely love the characters. It was hard to not fall in love with everyone. The romance was really sweet and super cute.

My least favorite stories are:
Sick Pleasures: For A and U by Francesca Lia Block
It was hard to connect with the characters because they didn't have names. They are all referred by letters. And I'm not really sure what happen in the story.

The Map of Tiny Perfect Things by Lev Grossman
I absolutely love the idea of the book. But I just thought that the pairing didn't really click. The romance was too quick and a bit cheesy. It could be good if it was a bit longer.

Overall, I absolutely enjoyed the stories. A perfect read for summer! There are lots of stories that I really like as compared to that I didn't like,  The stories are light and short. If you're looking for a quick read, this is the book for you.

I received a copy of this book from the Netgalley & St. Martin's Press in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...