Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

#BookReview Marry Your Billionaire by C.J. Anaya

Marry Your Billionaire
by C.J. Anaya

Genre: Chick Lit, Contemporary, Romance, Women's Fiction
Publication: March 7th, 2016 by C.J. Anaya Publishing LLC
Format: ARC, 411 pages
Source: eBooks for Review
Connect: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
Six years ago, Midge Knightly walked away from her trust fund, her Hollywood producer father, and the expectation that she would join the family business. Avoiding handsome playboys with hidden agendas was just an added bonus. Now one semester shy of graduation, she is shocked to discover her scholarship has lost its funding.

Her estranged father is having problems of his own. A contestant on his latest reality TV series has cancelled two months before shooting.

His solution?

Midge gets her trust fund back if she stands in as a potential marriage candidate for the dating series Marry Your Billionaire. Twenty women competing for one arrogant guy. Not Midge's cup of tea. Agreeing to this proposition sucks her back into the world she happily broke ties from, but no trust fund equals no college degree.

Brody Prescott, CEO and owner of an online dating company, has recently been pegged as a heartless playboy-among other things-by a disgruntled female after a disappointing date.

His solution?

Become the first bachelor on Marry Your Billionaire and hope that one of the contestants holds some potential. So what is he supposed to do when the woman who intrigues him the most wants to be eliminated?

Marry Your Billionaire is a fun, romantic romp set against the backdrop of reality TV. Throw on your PJ's, grab some chocolate and popcorn, and settle in for an entertaining love story.

I've read a few stories with the reality show, The Bachelor, story-line as the setting, but I'm still not tired of the setting yet. Of course, I do have a certain expectation on this book for the plot and settings. And I'm glad that Marry Your Billionaire by C.J. Anaya didn't disappoint me.

What I really love about Marry Your Billionaire by C.J. Anaya is the characters. I like Midge right from the start. She's courageous, independent, smart, and can be a bit stubborn at times. And Brody. He may sound like an arrogant jerk at first, but he can be very loving. I love how he pursue Midge and he won't stop even with Midge's tricks to get herself eliminated. The other characters made the book more fun and interesting. I especially love Midge's father and Lisa, her friend/housemate. I kinda wish that there were a lot more moments with Lisa in the book.

I enjoyed the author's writing style. It was easy to get into the book. I like the pacing. And the setting with the reality show was great. I was hoping to see more scenes of the characters and the other contestant as well, A bit more catfight between the characters, maybe? I absolutely love the chemistry between Midge and Brody. They're cute together. I enjoyed their cat and mouse game. Their scenes can be breathtakingly romantic and humorous at times.

If you're looking for a light, humorous read with a happy ending, C.J. Anaya's Marry Your Billionaire is perfect for you. I enjoyed this book and I am looking forward to read more work from the author.

I received a copy of this book from the author/ebooks for review in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...