Search This Blog

Monday, December 17, 2012

Book Review: Unmasking Maya

Unmasking Maya
by Libby Mercer

Genre: Romance, Chick Lit
Publication: December 12th 2012
Format: ebook
Connect: Blog, Goodreads, Twitter
Defamed, Disgraced and Displaced...

Fresh from a career-killing scandal, New York fashion girl, Maya Kirkwood, arrives in San Francisco to reinvent herself as a fine artist. She's offered the opportunity to create an installation at the Silicon Valley headquarters of a hot new tech company. Fabulous, right?

Not so much.

She can't stand Derek Whitley - wunderkind software genius and CEO of the company. Hot as he may be on the outside, inside the man is a cold, unemotional, robotic type. Way too left-brained for her right-brained self.

As Maya and Derek get to know each other, however, their facades begin to crack. She catches her first glimpse of the man behind the superhuman tech prodigy, and he starts to see her as the woman she used to be. But is this a good thing? Once that last secret is revealed, will it bring them closer together or will it tear them apart?

I received an ARC of this book for free from the author to provide an honest review.

Unmasking Maya mainly focused on the relationship between Maya and Darek. I love Maya and how Libby Mercer voiced her. Maya was hiding a secret and identity of her past but she left behind her past. She held it together with her and move forward, which I really like about her. She was bright, funny and so much fun. Darek was the opposite of Maya. I thought that he sounded a bit mysterious at first. But I kinda like the mysterious side of him. It turns out that Darek was hiding a secret of his own. It was fun to read how they both get to know each other and unmasking each other. I love the conversations and interactions between Maya and other characters. 

There’s no doubt that I enjoy Unmasking Maya by Libby Mercer. However I think that Unmasking Maya is a bit too short for my liking. I think the story could be longer. There are a few things I would like to see in the book, like what happen with Maya and her father? Or perhaps more Maya and Darek’s moments/relationship progress. Because it was a tad too short and Maya and Darek are very cute together.

Overall, Unmasking Maya was a really straight forward, cute and entertaining book which I finished it within one sitting. I would recommend it to anyone who was looking for a cute, quick read.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...