Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Book Review: Hush, Hush

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush #1)
by Becca Fitzpatrick

Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Fantasy, Paranormal, Mystery
Publication: First Published October 2009
Format: Paperback, 391 pages

Admittedly, I finished Becca Fitzpatrick’s Hush Hush in a day. But I suspected that that had to do with the fact that I’ve got nothing to do during work, and my boss actually told me to relax.

While I’ve never read anything about fallen angels before, I thought that this book was plain. That there was not much thing that would make it stand out. There’s the usual plot where the girl fell for this mysterious, bad guy and although the girl knew he’s bad news, she still likes him. And I found  that Vee, Nora's best friend is extremely annoying. I wonder how Nora could stand her? How did they become friend?

The plot was slow at first as the author was trying to build the story. But, I did enjoy the mystery and suspense in the book, when Nora was attacked with a man in a ski mask.  It makes me wonder what really happen, and guessing who really the bad guy is. However, I didn’t like how the author cramp lots of things at the end of the story. That she’s trying to solve everything at the end of the book. 

But, I would like to read the continuation to the book, Crescendo. I think there were a few more things that the author needs to explain, like the death of Nora’s father. And perhaps more romance between Nora and Patch? As there weren’t much sexy moment between them in the first book.


Book Cover’s Description
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. At least, not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and probing eyes, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment. But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora’s not sure who to trust—she can’t decide whether she should fall into Patch’s arms or run and hide from him. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth more unsettling than any feeling Patch evokes. For Nora stands amid an ancient battle between the immortal and those who have fallen—and choosing the wrong side will cost her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...