Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Book Review: Déjà Dead


Déjà Dead (Temperance Brennan #1)
by Kathy Reichs

Genre: Mystery, Crime, Thriller, Adult
Publication: Published 1998 (Reissued in 2011) 
Format: Paperback, 509 pages

I was excited to read this book by Kathy Reichs when I heard that Temperance Brennan from Bones Series was loosely based on Kathy Reichs’s characters. Unfortunately, the book and the series were totally different. This book is nothing like the show. The only similarities that I could find were that the character both had the same name and profession – a forensic anthropology.

Déjà Dead are among of the books which I have to read slowly. I couldn’t read it in one sitting as the content was a bit heavy for my liking. The book was written in Temperance Brennan’s point of view. I always enjoy reading books written in the first person narration because I get to connect with the characters. But I couldn’t with Temperance Brennan. The character’s narration was a bit complicated. Sometimes, I had to read the sentence twice to understand what was happening. The scientific terms used makes me feels like I’m watching CSI. While the series had moments of fun and laughter, I thought that the book is a bit too serious.


Book Cover’s Description
The meticulously dismembered body of a woman is discovered in the grounds of an abandoned monastery. 

'Too decomposed for standard autopsy. Request anthropologic expertise.' 

Enter Dr Temperance Brennan, Director of Forensic Anthropology for the province of Quebec, who has been researching recent disappearances in the city. 

Despite the deep cynicism of Detective Claudel who heads the investigation, Brennan is convinced that a serial killer is at work. Her forensic expertise finally convinces Claudel, but only after the body count has risen...

Tempe takes matters into her own hands, but her determined probing places those closest to her in mortal danger. Can Tempe make her crucial breakthrough before the killer strikes again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...