Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Review: To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #1)
by Jenny Han

Genre: Romance, Humor, Young Adult
Publication:  April 15th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Format: ebook, 283 pages
Source: Own
Connect: Website | Twitter | Facebook
Lara Jean keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her.

They aren't love letters that anyone else wrote for her, these are ones she's written. One for every boy she's ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she can pour out her heart and soul and say all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly Lara Jean's love life goes from imaginary to out of control.
I have actually fallen in love with the cover and the title the first time I saw this book, but I was hesitant to buy and read this book because I was afraid that I was going to be disappointed. Some good looking cover book did that to me sometimes. But I finally decided to pick up the book and was happy with it. To All the Boys I've Loved Before is definitely a cute, fluffy and funny read. It is my kind of book.

Lara Jean wrote a letter to every boy she had ever had her crush on with no plan to mail those letters ever. Lara Jean wrote these letters as a therapy to help her move on from the boys she loved. Imagine her surprise when she found out that someone send those letters. I know that I would die from embarrassment if this ever happened to me.

I admit that the beginning was a bit slow for my liking. But I get to learn more about Lara Jean and her relationship with the people around her, like her sisters, Margot and Kitty. But after a while, things began to get more spiced up. I was excited to see how Lara would handle the love letters and the boys. 

I was a bit shocked when I reached the ending. I certainly did not expect the book to end so soon. I love Lara, her family, Josh and Peter K. I was glad to learn that there is going to be a sequel. I need to know what will happen to Lara next. And I just can’t wait! 


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...