Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
by Jennifer E. Smith

Genre: Chick Lit, Contemporary, Romance, Young Adult
Publication: January 1st, 2013
Format: Paperback, 236 pages
Source: Own
Connect: WebsiteTwitter | Goodreads
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row. A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?

Quirks of timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is nothing like I expected. I thought that it was going to be... different, judging from the synopsis and that cute cover. But that doesn’t mean that I didn’t enjoy this book, because I really enjoy The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. 

If only Hadley didn’t miss her flight. She probably wouldn’t meet Oliver at the airport. They probably wouldn’t share a flight and sitting in the same row. Hadley and Oliver’s characters are very relatable. Their relationship was built slowly. I enjoyed their conversation in their flight. I enjoyed the father-daughter relationship between Hadley and her father. I smiled, reading the scene between Hadley and Oliver. I almost cried reading the parts between Hadley and her Father. I understand how she must have felt to attend her father’s marriage, since I’ve been in that position before. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is definitely a cute, heartwarming read that made me smile (and almost cry). I’m so glad that I read this one.  


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...