Search This Blog

Monday, February 24, 2014

Review: Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer

Bloodrose (Nightshade #3)
by Andrea Cremer

Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance, Young Adult
Publication:  July 5th 2012
Format: Paperback, 408 pages
Source: Own
Connect: Website
Calla has always welcomed war. But now that the final battle is upon her, there’s more at stake than fighting.

There’s saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay’s wrath. There’s keeping Ansel safe, even if he’s been branded a traitor. There’s proving herself as the pack’s alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers’ magic once and for all.

And then there’s deciding what to do when the war ends. That is, if Calla makes it out alive.

Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer is the third installment of the Nightshade. I like the previous two books, Nightshade and Wolfsbane. I can’t wait to read the final book to see how it ends and who Calla will end up with. But I was afraid to read the third book because I could guess who Calla will end up with and I know that she will not be with the person I’m rooting for.

In Bloodrose, Calla rescued Ren and the plot continues as the guardians find their way to escape the Keeper once and for all. There are romances along the way, mostly among Shay-Calla-Ren. I thought that the book’s pace was a bit quicker.  First, there’s rescuing Ren. Then, the guardian and searcher went on various quests to search for swords and there’s the battle with the Keepers. I feel that a lot of things were cramped into this book. But still, Bloodrose was as good as the first two books. I enjoyed this book even though I didn’t really like what happened to Ren. The ending surprised me. I didn’t see that that will happen. It was a sad, but beautiful ending. I guess, Calla and the pack got their happy ending. Just not the happy ending I thought they were going to get.

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...