Search This Blog

Monday, March 18, 2013

Book Review: The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen

The Girl Who Chased the Moon
by Sarah Addison Allen

Genre:  Chick Lit, Contemporary, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance
Publication: February 2011 by Hodder & Stoughton
Format: Paperback, 261 pages
Author:  Website, Facebook, Twitter
Emily Benedict came to Mullaby, North Carolina, hoping to solve at least some of the riddles surrounding her mother's life. Why did she leave her hometown so suddenly? Why did she vow never to return?

But in a place where unexplained lights skip across the yard at midnight, where the wallpaper in your bedroom changes so suit your mood, and where a neighbour bakes hummingbird cakes in the hope of bringing back a lost love, Emily will find that the answers are not what she expects…

I’ve heard so much about Sarah Addison Allen’s book. I saw a few friends reading it, and decided to read her book to find out why they like it so much. I started with The Girl Who Chased the Moon. I was really glad that I decided to give Sarah Addison Allen’s book a try. I didn’t expect that I would like The Girl Who Chased the Moon so much, but I did.

Emily Benedict came to Mullaby, North Carolina to live with her grandfather after her mother died from an accident. She wondered why her mother didn’t tell her about her grandfather and the town she grew in. Then strange things started to happen around Emily. Magical things. She saw the Mullaby lights across the yard, her wallpaper started to change magically and soon, Emily now learn her mother’s secret – why her mother leave the town and choose not to come back.

Then, there was Julia. She left town sometimes ago and came back when her father’s died to manage his restaurant. Julia loves to bake. She loves baking for Sawyer. But things happened between Julia and Sawyer during high school and Sawyer broke her heart.

I’m in love with this book. It was really sweet, fluffy, magical and a bit mysterious. I love every character of the book, including Julia and Sawyer. I really enjoy reading how Emily was trying to fit in into town and then discovered her mother’s secret. And mostly, I love the romances. They are very cute!

I think I’m in love with Sarah Addison Allen’s way with word. It was magical. I can picture the town, the magic around it and the emotion the character was going through. I can’t wait to check out her other’s book.

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

2 comments:

  1. Love that cover! I think I heard/read about this author somewhere. Oh wait... I remembered where I saw the author's name and it's from Garden Spells! :D Now my interest is definitely piqued. I'll keep The Girl Who Chased The Moon in my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is from the same author as Garden Spells. I haven't read that one yet though.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...