Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Book Review: Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2)
by Maggie Stiefvater

Genre:  Paranormal, Romance, Young Adult
Publication: first published July 2010
Format: Paperback, 362 pages
Author:  Website, Facebook, Twitter
the longing.
Once Grace and Sam have found each other, they know they must fight to stay together. For Sam, this means a reckoning with his werewolf past. For Grace, it means facing a future that is less and less certain.

the loss.
Into their world comes a new wolf named Cole, whose past is full of hurt and danger. He is wrestling with his own demons, embracing the life of a wolf while denying the ties of being human.

the linger.
For Grace, Sam, and Cole, life is a constant struggle between two forces -- wolf and human -- with love bearing its two sides as well. It is harrowing and euphoric, freeing and entrapping, enticing and alarming. As their world falls apart, love is what lingers. But will it be enough?

Linger takes place after Sam was ‘cured’ after that high fever he caught from meningitis. And this book, we were introduced to more characters, like Cole, a rock star who became a wolf to lose himself. Just like Shiver, Linger was written in the characters’ point of view. And in Linger, it was written in Grace, Sam, Cole and Isabel’s.

Linger, in my opinion was a little bit too draggy from the beginning to the middle of it. I guess one of the reasons was because we were introduced to Cole. I have to admit that I put aside the book for a few times because I was frustrated with the slow plot. I was waiting for something big to happen, but this big thing only happened towards the end of the book (the ending was the most interesting thing that happened in the book, but why did it have to end there?)

I was also frustrated with how Grace acted in the second book. I like Grace in Shiver. But I didn’t like her that much with what was happening between her, her parents and Sam. Linger is an okay read. It wasn’t really my preference. But I will still read ‘Forever’ because I'm curious of  what will happen to Grace and Sam next.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...