Search This Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Book Review: Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Graceling (Graceling Realm #1)
by Kristin Cashore

Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Romance, Young Adult
Publication: 2008
Format: Paperback, 471 pages
Author:  Website, Twitter
Deadly Grace

Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight--she's a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graces as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king's thug.

When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change.

She never expects to become Po's friend.

She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace--or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away..

I was really excited to read Graceling by Kristin Cashore since it was recommended by a friend. She wanted me to read Bitterblue, but I think it would be better if I read the series from the beginning. 

As a Graceling, Katsa had a gift, a skill which able to kill a man with bare hands. Her life slowly changed when she met Po, a Graced fighter. She began to learn more of her Grace and her capabilities. Katsa, the heroine of Graceling was one of my favorite heroines of all time. She was strong, fierce, and independent and she got a bit of humor in her. I love the other characters as well, although at first, Po’s name reminded me of that Teletubbies.

Graceling have lots of slow parts. I think I started to really enjoy the book when Katsa and Po had an encounter with King Leck and led them to meet Bitterblue. But still, it was written beautifully. I love the romance between Katsa and Po. Although the ending makes me a little bit sad. It was beautiful, but sad.

Overall, Graceling was a book packed with romance, action and bits of humor. I would definitely recommend Graceling to anyone who loves strong, independent heroine. I cannot wait to read more of Graceling Realm—Fire and Bitterblue.



buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

4 comments:

  1. Really nice review. I enjoyed this book, too. But, when I got to the end, I guess I felt like it was fine on its own. I've checked Bitterblue out of the library like five times and have yet to crack the cover. I look forward to reading your review about it.

    I've just added myself to your followers. Please check out my blog, http://faustisbookquest.blogspot.com if you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm glad you think it's nice. Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds really good! I never really read the book summary until I came across your review. I think I'm going to get this book! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like this book. A friend suggest me to read this after she read my Worth Fighting For.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...