Search This Blog

Friday, November 9, 2012

Book Review: Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2)
by Andrea Cremer

Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance, Young Adult
Publication: July 26th 2011 by Atom
Format: Paperback, 390 pages
This thrilling sequel to the much-talked-about Nightshade begins just where it ended. Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemy, and she's certain her days are numbered.

But then the Searchers make her an offer,one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack and the man she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive.

I love Nightshade. In fact, as soon as I finished Nightshade, I bought the second book, Wolfsbane as soon as I could. I could not wait to learn what was going to happen to Calla after she ran away from her pack to save Shay.

Calla and Shay are now with the Searchers. Calla wanted the Guardians to be given freedom and the chance to make their own decisions. For that, Calla and Shay has joined forces to help the Searchers to save her fellow pack from the Keepers. And the Searchers needed Calla’s pack to help them with their war against the Keeper.

Wolfsbane had quite a slow start. The first part of the book was a bit confusing with lots of information dumping on the Searchers and Keepers, Guardians, Scions… Then, I was introduced to a few new characters from the Searchers – Connor, Adne and others. It was a bit confusing to figure out who’s who.

But, things began to get a lot more interesting when Calla went back to her place and find out that everything has changed with her pack. It was quite surprising to learn what had happen to Calla and Ren’s pack after Calla escaped with Shay. The part where Calla, with the aid of the Searchers went to save her pack from the Keepers was interesting as there was a bit twist with Ren (not that I wasn’t expecting them).

Wolfsbane is a good continuation of Nightshade (But, I wasn’t really happy that Ren didn’t make lots of appearance in Wolfsbane). Andrea Cremer had solved a few questions regarding Keepers and Searchers. But I really wanted to know more about Scion (not that I like Shay that much). I hope that I get to know about them soon!  

2 comments:

  1. Your header is adorable! I was doing some blog hopping when I stumbled upon your blog. I am now following! I have a couple giveaways going on right now, one of them is about to end. Just click the giveaways tab to check them out. I would love it if you would stop by for a visit! Here's the link if you would like to follow back: MaMa's Book Corner Have a great night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leigh Ann! I did enter one of your giveaway before and I'm already a follower :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...