Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Review: Echo by Lorena Glass

Echo
by Lorena Glass

Genre: Romance, Time Travelling, Fantasy
Publication: February 1st 2015 by MyInkBooks.com
Format: ebook, 511 pages
Source: ARC
Echo is the first book of a trilogy that is the epic love story of two cursed lovers that fate, time, and death are constantly conspiring to keep apart; while they are determined to defy all three to be together. Whenever one dies, the other time travels to the lost lover's next (or last) incarnation. The story spans over a millennium; to several different times, places, and lives of two extraordinary lovers whose devotion to each other defies all barriers and all odds---and an extraordinary love that will never, ever die.
Echo tells a story of  Karissa and Adregin and their accursed love. It seems that death would always follow them, and constantly keep them apart. So whenever one of them dies, the other will time travel to the other's incarnation.

I love time-travelling books, and naturally, I can't really say no when I was given the chance to read and review Echo. I think it's okay to say that Echo was divided into three parts. The first part of the book was good. It started out slowly, but, I did enjoy it, until something happened to Karissa and Adregin, which I thought were a bit too rushed. Then, there's the second part. I thought that the second part was a bit too dragging for my liking, and I don't really like the character, Iilassa. She sounded a bit too immature, and whiny. 

I thought that Echo was an okay read. It wasn't that bad. The idea and setting were quite good and the author did a great job describing the history and places. I just think that I didn't like the characters, the way the story kept dragging and the way the story ended. 

Echo is the first book of a trilogy, and I'm torn between wanting to read the next book, or not. I am curios to know what will happen to the characters and how will they achieve their happily-ever-after, but I am worried that the next book would continue to disappoint me. 

I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my review

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...