Search This Blog

Friday, September 4, 2015

Review: Everything You and I Could Have Been If We Were not You and I by Albert Espinosa

Everything You and I Could Have Been If We Were not You and I
by Albert Espinosa

Genre: Adult, Sci-fi, Fiction
Publication: May 26th, 2015
Format: ebook
Source: ARC, NetGalley
Connect: Website | Facebook | Twitter 
Can you imagine a future where everyone has given up sleeping?

From the creator of the television series Red Band Society and author of the international bestseller The Yellow World comes this uniquely special novel.

What if I could reveal your secrets with just a glance? And what if I could feel with your heart just by looking at you? And what if --in a single moment-- I could know that we were made for each other? Marcos has just lost his mother, a famous dancer who taught him everything, and he decides that his world can never be the same without her. Just as he is about to make a radical change, a phone call turns his world upside down.

Albert Espinosa has a peculiar talent for generating immediate congeniality around him, for shifting people's moods toward the positive and for reconciling them with themselves and the world, when needed.

I wanted to read this book when I heard that the writer was one of the writers for Red Band Society, and I adore the show so much. But, um... I'm not sure what this book was about. I mean, if I were to judge the book by its title, I would probably guess that 'Everything You and I Could Have Been If We Were not You and I', was a romantic kind of book. But this book isn't really about romance. I think that this is one of the weird book I sometimes pick up to read.

The main character, Marcos, had a gift where he was able to read people's memory. So he worked for the police so that he could use his gift. He had recently lost his mother, and Marcos decided to take a drug that will make him give up sleeping forever. I don't understand why anyone would give up sleeping. I love sleeping!

'Everything You and I Could Have Been If We Were not You and I', was a strange book. I wouldn't say that the book was bad, or it was written badly. And I wouldn't say that I didn't like the book. I thought that the writing and the story were okay. I didn't really understand what this book was about. The story and characters were a bit strange, but fascinating. There were a bit of romance and a bit of sci-fi with an alien appearance. But I wouldn't really categorize this book as a romantic or a sci-fi. In the end, I was so curious about the book that I finished it. In the end, I was hoping that the story didn't end like that. I was a bit shocked by the ending. It was a bit sudden and I wish there was just a little bit more to it.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...