Search This Blog

Friday, February 19, 2016

Review: My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

My Life Next Door
by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Genre: Romance, Young Adult, Contemporary
Publication: June 13th, 2013 by Speak
Format: Paperback, 394 pages
Source: Own
Connect: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Instagram
"One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time."

The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, messy, affectionate. And every day from her rooftop perch, Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs up next to her and changes everything.

As the two fall fiercely for each other, stumbling through the awkwardness and awesomeness of first love, Jase's family embraces Samantha - even as she keeps him a secret from her own. Then something unthinkable happens, and the bottom drops out of Samantha's world. She's suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

A transporting debut about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another.

I know that I should have read this book sooner. I mean, the book has been sitting on my shelf for a while, and I've seen lots of wonderful reviews about this book. But finally, I decided that it's time to indulge myself in this one. I wanted to read something light after I've been in a long reading slump.

Samantha had a perfect life and an attentive mother. She loved to watch her neighbor, the Garretts, who are not like her family. Samantha's world changed when she met Jase, a Garrett, after he climbed up next to her. It was a beginning of their love story. But, just like any other good love story, there's always a little bit of drama. Samantha and Jase's relationship was tested when something happened, and Samantha had to decide if she was going to choose her family, or the Garrets.

I love this book. It was exactly what I wanted to read. Like Samantha, I too have fallen in love with the Garretts. It was hard not to fall in love with Jase. And George. It was fun to get to know their family and their various personalities. The author is amazing at creating the lovable and believable characters. 

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick is a great YA contemporary romance. It was light, funny, and cute. It made me go through the emotional roller coaster ride with the unexpected drama. But in the end, everything worked out. I would definitely recommend this book to contemporary romance lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...