Search This Blog

Monday, February 2, 2015

Review: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Pandemonium (Delirium #2)
by Lauren Oliver

Genre: Dystopia, Fantasy, Romance, Young Adult
Publication: February 5th, 2013 by HarperCollins
Format: Paperback, 375 pages
Source: Own
Connect: Website | Twitter | Facebook
The old life is dead.

But the old Lena is dead too.

I buried her.

I left her beyond a fence, behind a wall of smoke and flame.

In this electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller Delirium, Lauren Oliver sets Lena on a dangerous course that hurtles through the unregulated Wilds and into the heart of a growing resistance movement. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.

Just like the first book, Pandemonium has been a bit  slow for my liking. The alternating scene between 'Now' and 'Then' was a bit confusing at first, making it hard for me to get into the book. 

I like the first book, but I had a mixed thought about Pandemonium. I love that Pandemonium focused more on the Resistance. I enjoyed reading about them and how and what they did to survive in the woods. However, there are some scenes that I felt a bit draggy and some are unnecessary. Pandemonium also focused on Lena's character's growth after what happened between her and Alex at the end of Delirium. I wasn't a fan of Lena at the beginning, just like in Delirium. But it was interesting to see how she got stronger. But what put me off the book was Julian. And the ending! It was very predictable, and I'm not a fan of where the story was heading to.

Overall, Pandemonium was an okay read. Lauren Oliver writing was beautiful and that was one of the reasons I wanted to read her book. I have to say that I'm not really looking forward to read Requiem, but I'm still curious about what will happen to the characters next. And I hope Requiem will answer some of my questions regarding the disease.



buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...