Search This Blog

Monday, September 1, 2014

Review: Code by Kathy Reichs

Code (Virals #3)
by Kathy Reichs

Genre: Crime & Thriller, Fantasy, Paranormal, Sci-fi, Young Adult
Publication: January 2013
Format: Paperback, 416 pages
Source: Own
Connect: Website | Facebook | Twitter
Tory Brennan, great niece of Dr Temperance Brennan, and the Virals return for their most terrifying adventure yet.

Life appears peaceful on Loggerhead Island - rescued from financial disaster, the research institute is flourishing once more. But the tranquility is quickly shattered when Tory Brennan and her technophile gang discover a mysterious box buried in the ground.

A seemingly innocent treasure hunt soon turns into a nightmarish game of puzzles, as it becomes clear that one false move will lead to terrible, explosive consequences.

The clock is ticking. Can Tory and the Virals crack the code in time to save the city - and their own lives?

I enjoyed the first two books of the Virals series. But I can’t bring myself quickly enough to read the third book, probably because of the cover. The third book didn’t match the first two books. This wouldn’t be good for my collection.

In the third book, Tory and her friends return with their next adventure when they discovered a mysterious box on their treasure hunt. But this treasure hunt turned badly when their lives, the people around them were at stake. Now, Tory and the Virals have to crack the puzzle in time before somebody dies.

It was exciting to see the Virals back. I can’t wait to see what kind of adventure the Virals will face next. I have to say that I weren’t as interested in the puzzle that the Virals found at first. I thought that the book was a bit slow paced at the beginning. But Kathy Reichs was really good with the story building. I found myself wanting to know what it is about the game and who is it that wanted to kill the Virals. I wanted to know more about the Virals’ power. I was so excited when Chance made his appearance. I'm curious about what he knew about the Virals and how he will fit in the story.

Virals was definitely as exciting as the other books, although, probably slow paced as compared to the two. I enjoyed reading this one and I can’t wait to read the next book, Exposure!




buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...