Search This Blog

Monday, December 2, 2013

Review: I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

I've Got Your Number
by Sophie Kinsella

Genre: Chick Lit, Contemporary, Humor, Romance
Publication: April 2013
Format: Paperback, 387 pages
Source: Own
Connect: Website | Twitter | Facebook
I've lost it. :( The only thing in the world I wasn't supposed to lose. My engagement ring. It's been in Magnus's family for three generations. And now, the very same day his parents are coming, I've lost it. The very same day. Do not hyperventilate, Poppy. Stay positive!! :)

A couple of glasses of bubbly with the girls at a charity do and Poppy's life has gone into meltdown. Not only has she lost her engagement ring, but in the panic that followed, she's lost her phone too. As she paces shakily round the hotel foyer she spots an abandoned phone in a bin. Finders keepers! Now she can leave a number with the hotel staff. It was meant to be!

Except the phone's owner, businessman Sam Roxton, doesn't agree. He wants his phone back, and doesn't appreciate Poppy reading all his messages and wading into his personal life. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, phone messages and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents, can things get any more tangled?

Okay. At first, I wasn’t so sure what to expect with I’ve Got Your Number.  I mean, I do love the idea on how Poppy finding an abandoned phone in a bin and claimed it as her own. But I’m not sure how Poppy and Sam’s going to work with only the phone as their connection. But wow! After reading this one, I’ve decided that I've Got Your Number is definitely the cutest read from Sophie Kinsella.

I love Poppy. She’s one of Kinsella’s heroines that make me smile. I love how she’s always curious to read what was in Sam’s e-mail and interfering with his life. And Sam! I love how he’s always serious, but when he showed that soft and cute side, I just melted. I’ve Got Your Number definitely had great plot, lovable characters that makes me want to root for them, and brilliant dialogues that can make me laugh. I just can’t stop smiling and laughing while I read this one.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...