Search This Blog

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Book Review: Unraveling Isobel by Eileen Cook

by Eileen Cook

Genre:  Contemporary, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance, Young Adult
Publication: January 3rd 2012 by Simon Pulse
Format: Hardcover, 304 pages
Author:  Website, Facebook, Twitter
Isobel’s life is falling apart. Her mom just married some guy she met on the internet only three months before, and is moving them to his sprawling, gothic mansion off the coast of nowhere. Goodbye, best friend. Goodbye, social life. Hello, icky new stepfather, crunchy granola town, and unbelievably good-looking, officially off-limits stepbrother.

But on her first night in her new home, Isobel starts to fear that it isn’t only her life that’s unraveling—her sanity might be giving way too. Because either Isobel is losing her mind, just like her artist father did before her, or she’s seeing ghosts. Either way, Isobel’s fast on her way to being the talk of the town for all the wrong reasons.

I decided to read this one because I really like the cover and that I was looking for a good cute romance book. Isobel’s mother just married to a guy she met on the internet three months ago. Now she had to leave her life and best friend and move in to her new home which is located in a small island. Then Isobel started seeing ghost who she believed was her dead stepsister. Her parents (more like her step father) accused her of being mentally ill just like her father. Now Isobel need to find out what was going on and convinced people around her that she was not crazy.

I wasn’t sure what I feel about the book. I love the whole mystery behind the island and what really happen there. I was curious as to why Isobel started to see the ghosts. Isobel was an okay character. She was in her rebellious phase after she had to leave her social life to move in with her parents to this small island. I really like her and her witty remarks. But I think that the romance between Isobel and her stepbrother didn’t really work with me. It’s a little bit weird. I wish there were moments between Isobel and her father. I wish they had a conversation about his mental illness and what Isobel was experiencing.

Overall, I think Unraveling Isobel is an okay book. It was a light read with mystery, a bit romance and humorous moment.

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...