Search This Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Book Review: Catching Fire


Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2)
by Suzanne Collins

Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Science Fiction 
Publication: 2010
Format: Paperback, 391 pages

I was really looking forward to read the second book of The Hunger Games series after the first one. I couldn’t help but to wonder what would possibly happen after Katniss and Peeta were crowned as victors of the 74th Annual Hunger Games. And I wonder what the capitol (or President Snow) planning.

Catching Fire is amazing! There were quite a number of times where I sat up straight with my jaw dropped because I was too shock Σ(゜ロ゜;)!! to learn what had happened. I was left gasping with each surprise and twist. In Catching Fire, Katniss found out that the capitol (or President Snow) wasn’t too please with her act of picking up berries in the last game might have ignited a revolution. Now the capitol is planning something to stop the uprisings in some district and ensure that things went back to how it was before.

I like how Suzanne Collins she described things, events and how she played with Katniss emotions. I like how I can see how Katniss grew throughout the book—where Collins showed her weaknesses and strengths. It makes her characters much more realistic. I love how Katniss and Peeta both wants to protect each other. I like Gale much more when I first watch the movie (because in my opinion, Liam Hemsworth is hotter than Josh Hutcherson), although Peeta sounds a lot more hotter in the book. Haha. I'm glad that Gale made a lot more appearance in this book.

Catching Fire is certainly an engrossing read. I was captured by Suzanne Collins’s writing style that I read every sentence and word carefully because I didn’t want to miss anything—her portrayal details. 
I definitely enjoyed the Catching Fire more than The Hunger Games. But that was probably because I have seen the movie first before I read the book. I look forward to read the next installment to the series: Mockingjay, as Suzanne Collins left me with cliffhanger!


Book Cover’s Description
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won in defiance of the Capitol and its harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry -- and now it wants revenge. Full of plot twists, this riveting sequel to the New York Times bestseller is guaranteed to keep young readers on the edge of their seats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...