Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Book Review: I Heart New York


I Heart New York (I Heart #1)
Lindsey Kelk

Genre: Chick Lit
Publication: 2009
Format: Paperback, 307 pages
Buy: Amazon

Angela Clark caught her fiancĂ©, Mark having sex with a girl on the back of their car on her best friend wedding day. What’s worse is that her friend had known that Mark has been in a relationship with the girl for quite sometimes. She went bananas — ruined her best friend’s wedding, broke the groom’s hand etc and flew to New York the next day. This is where her adventure starts. She meets up with new friends (Jenny, Erin, Vanessa) start seeing some new guys (Alex and Tyler) and scored a job to write a blog on her adventure and relationship with the guys for The Look.

I start off the I Heart Series with I Heart Vegas and I love it! So I decided to go back and read the first one, I Heart New York. Linsey Kelk’s writing style was fun and witty. Although I didn’t enjoy it as I did with I Heart Vegas. The beginning was interesting and funny. The middle was somewhat clichĂ© and the ending was a bit sudden. Still, it was a good debut novel. I look forward to read the second book! 


Book cover’s description:
It's official. Angela Clarke is in love – with the most fabulous city in the world.

Fleeing her cheating boyfriend and clutching little more than a crumpled bridesmaid dress, a pair of Louboutins and her passport, Angela jumps on a plane, destination - NYC.

Holed up in a cute hotel room, Angela gets a New York makeover from her NBFJenny and a whirlwind tour of the city that never sleeps. Before she knows it, Angela is dating two sexy guys. And, best of all, she gets to write about it in her new blog (Carrie Bradshaw eat your heart out). But it's one thing telling readers about your romantic dilemmas, it's another figuring them out for yourself …

Angela has fallen head over heels for the big apple, but does she heart New York more than home?

2 comments:

  1. I want to get this. Will have to hunt for this book. Love the cover (and I don't mind cliche if writing style is good). :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is tempting!! I look forward to see what do you think of the book then?

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...