Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2012

Book Review: The Eternity Code


The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl #3)
Eoin Colfer

Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Adventure, Science Fiction
Publication: April 2006
Format: Paperback, 352 pages
Website: Artemis Fowl
Buy: Amazon 

I think, reading The Eternity Code makes me feel a tad younger. I can’t believe that I squealed like a little girl while reading and anticipating on what will happen to Artemis in his latest adventure.

Artemis Fowl is planning to go straight after this one last adventure. He was trying to sell a modified fairies technology to Jon Spiro. But his plan went wrong. The technology was stolen and Butler, his bodyguard had to pay for it. Artemis needs help to rescue Butler and retrieved the stolen technology. Thus, he turned to his nemesis-turned-friend, Captain Holly Short for help. The people agree to help him with one condition: Artemis has to undergo a mind wipe to erase his memory of the People.

I absolutely LOVE this book. Did I mention that I squealed like a little girl while reading this? Oh, I did, didn’t I? I can’t help but to find how interesting this book is. I love Artemis Fowl as a character. He’s a genius whom rarely shows much of his emotion. So that part where he showed his emotion when Butler was shot really touched me. I really love the relationship between those two. The dialogue is absolutely brilliant! It makes me laugh out loud for a few times. I especially love the row between Artemis and Captain Holly. I like how Eoin Colfer delivered the humor without trying too much.

The Eternity Code was a real page turner. I find it hard to stop myself from reading it from the very first chapter. It was interesting to see that Juliet is replacing his brother to protect Artemis. Most of all, I was excited to see how Artemis plan to retrieve the stolen cube from Jon Spiro. In the end, The Eternity Code managed to make me astonished on how the story progress and how it ended. I’m now aching to read the next book for more adventure :)

Book Cover's Description:
Artemis Fowl is going straight-as soon as he pulls off the most brilliant criminal feat of his career . . . but his plan goes awry, leaving his loyal bodyguard, Butler, mortally injured. Artemis's only hope of saving his friend is to employ fairy magic; so once again he must contact his old rival, Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon fairy police. It is going to take a miracle to save Butler, and Artemis's luck may have just run out. . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...